Sunday, May 31, 2009

Marvin

Marvin



I said on Thursday that I would post this "tomorrow." It's technically two days late. Someone needs to call me out on these things.

But seriously, THIS is what I've been working on since Tuesday.


Marvin


An amigurumi Marvin.

I had come across some amigurumi tips on Tuesday morning and could not get the idea out of my head. I still need to finish some similar dolls for a couple of the fooligans because I didn't get a chance to before the semester ended, but that's all sewing on buttons and props. I wanted to get down into the actual doll making again.

And the pattern making. I've done patterns for ninja and pirate fetus...es, a purple pentapus, and Boota, and even though they might get tricky, they are really fun to make. Plus, for things like Marvin, Boota, and the purple pentapus, it is really satisfying to be able to make a three-dimensional replication of a fictional character/creature.

I'm thinking that, when I get enough patterns for these guys, I might make a book of them. What do you think?



Also, please be aware that he's available at my Etsy shop and/or by commission.

No comments: