Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Forest Granny Square Blanket

Hook: US H8/5.00 mm
Yarn: Sensations Sincerely in Oatmeal, Cream, Green, and Emerald Green
Pattern: I drew this one out myself. I used the same basic granny square shape as I did on my other granny square blanket.


Forest Granny Square Blanket


To be honest, I was going to give this one as a gift to someone for Christmas, but it didn't turn out quite the way I had thought. There isn't enough contract between the "light" and "dark" squares and I'm not sure the color combinations worked as well as I had planned either. I mean, it's not terrible, but it wasn't up to my expectations.

So I kept it, folded it in half, and slung it over the top of my craft storage thing as a sort of table cloth. I will probably end up using it as a lap blanket while I'm sitting at the computer at some point, but it's entirely possible that this project may get frogged within the next few years.


Forest Granny Square Blanket

No comments: