Sunday, January 12, 2014

Goblin Hunting and Christmas Things


Look out, folks. This is going to be an image heavy post. Be warned.

1. Goblin Hunting Update
Remember when my dad and I went goblin hunting in my ceiling? Here’s an update before I forget about it!

The smell hasn’t come back at all, so we have successfully chased off the goblins for the time being. We’ll see what happens next winter. Dad and I put up sheet rock before Christmas, but didn’t get the ceiling mudded and painting until last weekend. So last weekend I was finally able to put all my junk back into the door corner.

Goblin Hunting 2013 Goblin Hunting 2013

As you can see, some of the wallpaper above my door didn’t make it through the hunt, but I turned the vinyl part into vinyl wall sticker key art. Or something. And the ceiling paint/popcorn doesn’t really match the rest of the ceiling, but that’s really the best place for something to not match. And the marionettes moved from behind my door to the opposite corner of the room.

It’s so nice to have everything in the right place. It’s a lot easier to remember a scarf when I don’t have to climb around the junk in the dining room.

2. Christmas Crafts

I guess I should post about my Christmassy Christmas things before I have to take them down. I’ll get to the stuff I made folks later. This is the stuff I made for decorations and stuff.

So, shock and awe, I love Christmas craft kits. I bought most of these back after Halloween because these things sell out so quickly, so I grabbed a whole bunch and made them. Some of these don’t have final decorations, but you can see those later in the post.

Christmas Crafts 2013

Christmas Crafts 2013 Christmas Crafts 2013
Christmas Crafts 2013 Christmas Crafts 2013
Christmas Crafts 2013 Christmas Crafts 2013
Christmas Crafts 2013

Christmas Crafts 2013 Christmas Crafts 2013Christmas Crafts 2013 Christmas Crafts 2013Christmas Crafts 2013


I also got a new mini-Christmas tree and my little bulbs couldn’t hang properly on it, so I made some felt ornaments.

Christmas Crafts 2013 Christmas Crafts 2013Christmas Crafts 2013 Christmas Crafts 2013

I bought some felt shapes from Jo-Anns. I think they were hidden over by the needle felting stuff and not, actually, by the felt, which is where I would have put them. And I embroidered some stuff on the blank shapes because I have a lot of small amounts of embroidery floss left over from sampler kits as a small child.

And now you can see this stuff up and around my room!

3. Christmas Decorations
I know I posted those three photos of my room back before Christmas, but here’s a closer look at the new stuff and crafty things around the room.

Christmas Decorations 2013 Christmas Decorations 2013
Christmas Decorations 2013 Christmas Decorations 2013

Christmas Decorations 2013  Christmas Decorations 2013Christmas Decorations 2013 Christmas Decorations 2013

Some little things around the room, including the little green felt wreath and the penguin. Almost all the others are crafts from last year.

Christmas Decorations 2013

Christmas Decorations 2013 Christmas Decorations 2013

There’s my little TV corner. The weird felt tree pillow ended up behind the TV because I ran out of places due to goblin hunting. But look at my little tree! And all my little felt ornaments! I am still ridiculously pleased by this little tree.

Christmas Decorations 2013

Christmas Decorations 2013

Christmas Decorations 2013 Christmas Decorations 2013

Christmas Decorations 2013

Christmas Decorations 2013 Christmas Decorations 2013 Christmas Decorations 2013 Christmas Decorations 2013 
Christmas Decorations 2013

Banners, garland, displays, ornaments over the windows, Christmas cards… all the things.

Most of the display on the shelf is new and I bought each new thing for at least half price pretty close to Christmas. Santa, the deer, and the lantern snow globe were all from Jo-Anns. The snowman is from Walgreens. I’m pretty sure that candle was a gift last year, but it’s hard to remember that far back.

A couple of the ornaments hanging above the windows are new. The spools in the windows were bought in January 2013 from Christmas clearance at Jo-Anns. The little village houses (which light up!) are also from Jo-Anns that I picked up for 70% off. Those are really cool. My mom’s had a proper Christmas village with large houses for ages, but I just don’t have the space for something like that and I’m already looking to not kill my December electric bill when I move out.

The jar of Legos is from a 2012 Lego Star Wars Advent calendar I bought. If you want to check those out, I have them all posted on my Instagram.

And there’s Zip, helping. And boy did he help. I mean, you guys have seen my bedroom. He had to climb over my bedside table thing, the cabinet with the Lego ships (knocking over the big TIE fighter), and jump up onto the dresser in order to get at those hooks. He was determined to play with those. But yeah. He was pretty unimpressed with how I was organizing all of the Christmas stuff.

And that’s it for now. I was going to post my Christmas cards, but I have a sort of tutorial for how I modified them, so that’s a load more photos. I’ll do those separately. So that’s it!

(And yes, everything’s still up. We keep this stuff up for as long as possible. We only really start considering taking this stuff down when it’s getting close to my birthday on January 26th or if the trees are more dead than alive.)

No comments: