Wednesday, January 06, 2010

Denim

I enjoy making things out of old clothes and because of this, I had inherited about ten pair of old jeans from various people. Ten pairs of jeans is a lot of jeans to just be hauling back and forth to school in the hope of finding a project that will use them up. Over the years I had found a couple of small projects that called for denim, but not enough to ever get rid of any of those pairs of jeans. The more time passed, the more that pile of jeans was added to.

I decided I’d had enough of them. I wanted to use the denim, but it was impossible to find any uses for all that denim in the form that they were. With the varying sizes and cuts of the jeans, it was just too difficult to gage how much denim I actually had.

So I cut them all up into 5” squares.


Photobucket



All the scrap bits (minus the seams and very top part of the waist) have been thrown into a bag to use as either doll stuffing or some other as yet unknown project.

As is, I’m not entirely sure what I’ll be doing with all of those denim squares. I know that I need to make a seat cover for this old, decrepit computer chair of mine and I’d like to try making some simple patches out of some of them, but I do not yet know what I will be doing with the rest.

I’ll keep you posted.

No comments: