I know it’s been a while since the Project 4 Awesome finished, but I still wanted to make a post about what I actually made for that project.
Project Linus is an organization that donates blankets to kids who have been traumatized or are critically ill. This year for the Project 4 Awesome, I decided that I wanted to make a blanket for this charity.
This blanket measured about 54” by 60” and was knit using about four average skeins of yarn and size NUMBER knitting needles. I could have easily knitted a blanket with either a garter or stockinet stitch, but I wanted to make this something nice. I used THIS PATTERN which demonstrates an aesthetically interesting pattern without being too complex.
It was actually very easy to whip this one out. It only took me a couple of afternoons to throw together and the resulting blanket was very soft and draped easily, unlike crocheted blankets that I’ve made in the past.