Thursday, January 14, 2010

Fanboys



Fanboys



I don’t remember exactly when I first saw the trailer for this movie, but I do remember that as soon as I had watched it through about three times, I forwarded it to everyone I knew because it looked so amazingly awesome. And it was.

Fanboys is a story about four obsessed friends who set out on an epic road trip to try to break into Skywalker Ranch in order to watch Star Wars Episode 1 before it is released into theaters. Along the way they run into all the usual problems, such as the van breaking down, and some very unusual ones, like waging war against the resident Trekkies.

If you’re not a Star Wars fan, that sounds really lame. I would recommend that you try this movie out because the heart of the story is the friendship between these guys and the awesomeness that can be accomplished when you work together towards a common goal.

If you are a Star Wars fan, this is a must see. It is packed full of Star Wars and other geeky references, and it will remind you of exactly why you loved those movies in the first place.

Star Wars is one of the movies that has had an incredible influence in my life. To be honest, I probably wouldn’t be alive today without the anticipation of the Star Wars prequels. Movies like this - that showcase the amazing impact this series has had on our nerdy lives- are fantastic.

No comments: