Thursday, February 11, 2010

Plastic Bag Basket

Plastic Bag Basket



While I was home for winter break, I reanalyzed how I store all of my craft supplies. I reorganized the bin and sorted through the yarn. When I got to my plastic bag basket, I was thoroughly annoyed with the construction of the thing. The crocheting was sloppy, the plastic was in all sorts of different sizes, and most importantly, it had no handles.

So I pulled the whole thing apart, re-cut the plastic, and re-crocheted it into a better basket.

The pattern is very simple. You can find a million similar free patterns online, if you need specific directions. Basically, I crocheted a big flat circle, then crocheted one single crochet in each single crochet from the previous row until I liked the height. The handles are just long thin rectangles that I’ve sewn onto opposite sides. I used a size USK10/6.50 MM crochet hook for both the main basket and the handles.

(You’ll also notice that I folded the spare plastic bags into triangle football thingers. I was far too amused making those.)


Plastic Bag Basket

No comments: