Saturday, November 06, 2010

Procrastination

This thing about NaNoWriMo is that it allows you to find new and interesting ways to procrastinate. This is especially true on the weekends when you know that you have the entire day to write in and your brain is convinced that hours are longer than they actual are.

And as this is the first weekend of this year's NaNoWriMo, I'd like to show you exactly what my brain decides is the proper distraction from my novel.


Granny Square Edging

Granny Square Edging

Granny Square Edging



Yes. Apparently, my subconscious felt that this granny square blanket that I made months ago needed a border TODAY. RIGHT THIS MINUTE. So urgent, in fact, that I needed to use the skein of maroon in my sister's stash rather than take the time to sort through my own stash and find an alternative color.

Don't worry. I did ask permission and she said it was okay, so long as I put back what's left. Which was a lot more than I thought would be, so that's nice.

I'm telling you this because not five minutes ago, I took a look at my curtains and wondered how hard it would be to knit myself some new curtains for the winter so that my bedroom is better insulated.

Knitted curtains? Does anyone even do that? I do not know.

This may still happen at some point, but you all need to stop me if I even hint at starting a bigger project like that right now. This is absurd.

No comments: