Saturday, January 22, 2011

David's Scarf

Needles: US 11 – 8mm

Yarn: Country Loom in Rich Granite

Pattern: Not really a pattern so much as something I read about once. It’s just knit row, k1p1 rib row, repeat.



David's Scarf





What do you make the new husband of your childhood friend for Christmas who you don’t really know that well but is close enough that you actually sometimes see him more than your friend?

(Seriously. I run into him when the parents send me out to buy milk. Small town.)

A scarf. Naturally. I am a knitter. This is what I do.

But in all honesty, I had no idea what to make him and scarves are safe and a good indicator if he will be receptive to homemade knitwear in the future. I mean, if you appreciate a hand knit scarf, you will generally appreciate anything you can use that’s been handmade.

Also, I figure he probably doesn’t think too much about winter wear and Brandy probably frets over it endlessly because she’s a Floridian and still isn’t used to winter in Connecticut. And if he doesn’t end up using it, she will.

So… someone will end up wearing it, I’m sure.

No comments: