Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Envelope, Moleskine, Blanket, and Yarn Things

1. Mother's Day

Last week(ish) was Mother's Day, so during that weekend I sneaked a clever card around to my siblings and grabbed a gift card for my mom to JoAnn Fabric & Crafts. She's been enviously asking about everything I've brought back from the craft store for the past couple of months because she's trying to pay off her very last credit card and doesn't have the cash for spontaneous fun things. We've got plenty of planned fun things going on, but I thought she could use a little cash to blow on some yarn that catches her fancy should she happen to wander into JoAnn's while she's out getting things done.

And I made the card a little fancy envelope.

Mother's Day Gift Card Envelope

Mother's Day Gift Card Envelope



2. Commission

Hydra Moleskine

Just officially sold my first commissioned embroidered moleskine. HYDRA. It was a challenge, but I'm pleased with how it turned out.



3. Double Seed Stitch Blanket

Double Seed Stitch Blanket

Pattern: Double Seed Stitch Blanket
Needles: US 13 circulars
Yarn: Lion Brand, Pound of Love - White

Double Seed Stitch Blanket

I don't plan on actually using this as a blanket, but as a backdrop for product and blog photos. I have a white sheet that I've been using, but I'm finding it impossible to iron out the wrinkles, even after it's just been washed.

Double Seed Stitch Blanket Double Seed Stitch Blanket

Also, trouble makers.

Double Seed Stitch Blanket


4. Niddy Noddy and Drop Spindle

I've been spinning some new yarns for the shop lately, so I've invested in an adjustable niddy noddy from Fiber Artist Supply Co.

Niddy Noddy and Drop Spindle

No comments: