Sunday, July 21, 2013

A Whole Lot of Things

So many things, readers. So many things.


1. Things That Go Wrong and Things That Go As Expected

Last weekend I took my car in for an oil change and an A/C charge. It was getting about that time. These things are pretty routine. I try to take care of my care as much as possible because I rely on the thing to get me halfway across the state and back five days a week. So everything was looking up on that Saturday morning. The oil change place was empty enough that I could just hang out in the garage while the guys worked on my car. Everything went fine.

Until I pulled out of the place and busted a brake line in the street half a minute down the road. Fantastic! Those guys bring me out to the garage and show me where the line is busted on the back brakes and where the metal back brake lines have corroded down to practically nothing. Plus I needed replacement pads on the back brakes and, because the caliper bleeder valves were corroded, the calipers also needed to be replaced because they couldn't purge the lines. Amazing!

So I ended up spending about a thousand dollars more than what I had anticipated. Yeeeeaaaaahhhhh. Not too happy about that.


On the bright side, my wisdom teeth removal surgery was pretty routine this past Thursday. I've slept a lot and taken a lot of pain killers and my tongue and lip are still numb, but the swelling is going down and the numb parts of my face have been getting pins and needles for the past couple of hours. Hopefully I'll get full feeling back soon because I go back to work tomorrow and talking's still a little hard.


2. Crochet

While I've been laid up with a case of Recovering From Mouth Surgery, I've been crocheting covers for some small pillows that are starting to wear out.

Pillow Cover WIPs

Pillow Cover WIPs

Pillow Cover WIPs


3. Welcome to Night Vale

Also while I was laid up with a case of Recovering From Mouth Surgery, I mainlined Welcome to Night Vale. So good. Sooooooo good. There need to be more things like this. It's amazing world building and delightfully creepy.


4. Finished A Book

Finally. It's been a long time. I keep getting caught up in crafting and Star Trek and fanfiction, but I've finally finished one! Merlin's Dragon by T. A. Barron. I enjoyed the previous Merlin books when I was a kid and I've had this one in my To Read pile for a while. I've started in on the sequel -- Merlin's Dragon: Doomraga's Revenge.


5. Label Maker

I bought a label maker.

Label Maker

Label Maker
Label Maker Label Maker
Label Maker Label Maker
Label Maker Label Maker

Label Maker

I enjoy it immensely. I should have gotten one of these ages ago. :D

No comments: