Monday, October 28, 2013

Halloweeeeeen!

I love Halloween. LOVE. It's my favourite holiday.

And I managed to gather some new awesome for decorating my bedroom this year.


Here's some of the stuff that you've seen in previous years:

Cleaning and Halloween 2013

Candy corn towel used as a tablecloth on my little table.


Cleaning and Halloween 2013

Bat tablecloth and little jack-o-lantern bucket on the TV stand.


Cleaning and Halloween 2013

And there's my fake candles I grabbed out of the Jo-Ann's clearance bins last year. These have, of course, moved because I have acquired some new things!



Cleaning and Halloween 2013 Cleaning and Halloween 2013 Halloween 2013 Decorations

Halloween 2013 Decorations Halloween 2013 Decorations

Halloween 2013 Decorations

Halloween 2013 Decorations Halloween 2013 Decorations Halloween 2013 Decorations

Those little terrariums were really easy to make. I didn't even glue anything down because it's a jumble of stuff that works the way it falls. The hands being upright in the tall jar hold the fake moss and flowers in place and the little jar of skulls and moss and flowers pretty much looks great no matter how those things fall. I just nudged one of the skulls so that it's looking right out. That's easy enough to do next year if things get tossed around in packing.

The wooden tree, the Wool of the Bat jar, the glass jars, and the skulls/hands are from Michael's, all on clearance because that stuff is moving out of stores fast. The crow is from Walmart for a measly $2.00. The skull slate is from Jo-Ann's. The white owl pumpkin is from Walgreens. Each item is less than $7.00 and most of it was less than $5.00.

One day I shall move to a place of my own and it will be a fantastic thing to behold at this time of year.

1 comment:

Fayme Zelena Harper said...

I've always loved terrariums and Halloween but I never thought of using the ideas together. Great idea.