Monday, April 21, 2014

Thermal Textured Socks

Thermal Socks

Pattern: Thermal Textured Socks by Kelly Patla

Needle: US 4 - 3.5 mm

Yarn: Patons Stretch Socks Yarn - Olive


Started a new sock! A better view of the new sock.

Knitting WIPs 9/4/13 WIP


These socks took me forever. Ultimately, I'm pleased with them and I'm glad I pushed myself through, but I don't think I liked using this yarn. It's a stretchy yarn, which made keeping tension even-ish difficult. I'm not sure if you can tell from the photos, but one of the socks is a size smaller than the other and didn't really even out to something closer until I washed them both a couple of times. Also, I think the elastic muted the colors and they didn't turn out quite the way I expected them to once they were all knit up.

I really like this pattern, though. It's a pretty simple repeat, but it looks a lot more complicated. I want to try it again in a yarn with less color variation so that the texture really pops out.


.

No comments: