Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Amy Pond Cowl

Amy Pond Cowl

So, I'm really trying to cut into my yarn stash. A problem that I really had a hard time with was buying a couple of skeins of yarn that would work for my Etsy shop projects. I had this red sock yarn that was my go to for Amy Pond scarves and whenever I had a 50% off coupon or it was marked down on sale, I picked up a couple of skeins.

And then the yarn was discontinued. Dun dun DUN. Yeah. So I knew I didn't have enough yarn for a full scarf, but I figured I probably had enough for a cowl. And I was right!


Amy Pond Cowl


I used the same needles and pattern that I do for the Amy Pond scarves and then joined the ends to make a cowl loop. It was quick and I already had the pattern memorized. It also gave me the opportunity to try a 3 stitch garter border on the scarf instead of picking up stitches and crocheting a border. I think I like the garter stitch border better. It's easier to keep the same tension while I'm knitting the scarf, as opposed to trying to keep the tension the same while crocheting.


Amy Pond Cowl


Overall, I'm really pleased with how this turned out. This cowl will be up for sale in my Etsy shop with my November shop update. So if you're interested, keep an eye on my shop after Halloween!



.

No comments: