For a bunch of folks I made some quilted pot holders:
I made 16 total pot holders to give for Christmas. My sewing machine started acting up toward the end, so there was some struggling, but I managed to make things work until I could finish these. Ended up finishing the binding by hand, though, because I'm not good at machine binding yet, and that took ages.
And then as a last minute addition to some things for my brothers, I crocheted these washcloths up:
These two cloths were done using the Seeing Squares Dishcloth pattern.
And these two cloths were done using the Three Color Simple Stitch Dishcloth pattern.
Both were made with Lion Brand Cotton-Ease in Stone and Lime. They were nice, simple crochet patterns that were quick to get through and look nice. I'm glad I managed to fit them into the few days left before Christmas.
It was nice to do some crocheting. I've been a pretty steady knitter for the past couple of years, but my roots are in crocheting. It was very comfortable slipping back into that mode and I think I'm going to look for some crochet projects to add to my queue.