Monday, December 29, 2014

Post-Christmas Wrap Up

Merry Christmas everyone! Hope everyone had a good holiday. Here's my obligatory post-Christmas wrap up.

Firstly, some trees:

Christmas 2014

The 9 foot family room tree!


Christmas 2014

The 6 foot living room tree!


Christmas 2014

A bunch of nut crackers!


Christmas 2014

The mini-tree! And a pile of Christmas cards. I keep all my Christmas cards like a card hoarder.



Christmas was good this year. A little different, but good. My mom found a Hobbit menu online and shifted a couple of the meals around a little (mainly to spread out breakfast, second breakfast, and elevensies into breakfast and elevensies). So we had breakfast and opened a couple of presents each. We headed off to church for a mass that mainly consists of Christmas carols and confusion because they changed a bunch of responses a few years back. I only go to mass once or twice a year, so I haven't learned the new stuff yet.

Then we came back home and had elevensies and finished opening gifts from the family room tree. Then lunch. Then joking around and watching the Batman TV show marathon on TV while we waited for The Gabbers, J, and pups to arrive! Once they arrived, it was more gifting, afternoon tea, and a permanent puppy placement. My mom got a corgi! (I will post all about the little troublemaker soon!)

The Gabbers, J, and remaining pups had to leave, then the rest of us played board games, ate dinner, played more board games, had dessert, and conked out for the day.

All in all, it was a good time. Puppies, board games, and tons of food can't go wrong.


My parents spoiled us this year. My mom just got a new car because the van wasn't making it through a week with her job, so money's been tighter around the house. She gave us a theme list to give her this year: a) something we need, b) something we want, c) a book, and d) an article of clothing.

But she surprised us with stuff like this:

Christmas 2014


- 2 Star Wars Lego sets
- 2015 Road Atlas (after my siblings and I got horrifyingly turned around in New Jersey this past summer, we need them)
- Groot and Rocket T-Shirt
- Hawkeye Signs T-shirt
- Made by Mom alpaca cowl
- Books 2 and 3 in the All the Wrong Questions series by Lemony Snicket
- Faeries' Tales by Brian and Wendy Froud
- 2 4 oz braids of BFL wool for spinning
- 3 new bobbins for my wheel


And then my siblings got me these gems:

Christmas 2014

I still can't believe that Pickleface actually found a copy of D&D Clue. I've been looking for it forever.


Thanks to my folks for these fantastic gifts.

And thank you to my friends who got me gifts this year too! You folks are amazing. I got Bananagrams from friends' annual Christmas party gift swap and Cthulhu Fluxx, a sock loom knitting book, and a box of fancy teas from some folks! :D



.


No comments: