Monday, December 24, 2012

Christmas Things

December's flown by, guys. I've been meaning to put up this post for a couple of weeks now and just haven't been able to manage it.

This post is about some new things that have made it into my Christmas decorations this year. Figured I'd better get this up tonight, right?

Christmas 2012

This is actually a necklace kit that I've had lurking around in my craft stuff for a million years. Got it from an event thing when I was a kid. The whole thing was assembled except for the googly eyes. I stuck those on and tied it to my bedside lamp.


Christmas 2012

A felt gingerbread house. This is the start of the felt theme this year.


Christmas 2012 Christmas 2012

I kind of went crazy on the felt ornament kits for kids this year. This kit came with two felt stockings.


Christmas 2012 Christmas 2012 Christmas 2012

This one came with these three ornaments, but I decided to swap out the embroidery thread with the pile of different colored threads that I keep in a tea tin. I used to do cross stitch, but I don't think I did it properly because I ended up with at least half of the thread left over. I like these colors better than the ones that came with the kit and I have no idea how you are supposed to make all three of these ornaments with the amount of thread provided.


Christmas 2012 Christmas 2012

I didn't make these, but they look like I could have, which is an aesthetic I enjoy in holiday decorations. Also, cheap. Each one was a dollar.


Christmas 2012

Funny wooden Christmas tree. Again, I didn't make it, but it's not unlike some things I've made before. Also, I like the colors. It's not as bright as the non-typical colored decorations (non-red and non-green) that are popular this year, but it's something a little different.


Christmas 2012

These are two different kits. One is the tree pillow thing. It looks better in real life than it did on the package, so that's pretty awesome.

The second is the four bear ornaments. Again, I used my own embroidery thread because the stuff in the kit wasn't easy to tie knots into.


Christmas 2012

ALL OF THE HOT GLUE. Pretty sure I burnt my fingertips off with these. Another kids' craft kit, though. And the ribbon for the ornaments is from the wreath kit down below.


Christmas 2012

Felt wreath time. This one I definitely changed a bit. There's supposed to be a whole bunch of those green leaves, but I couldn't arrange it in a good way, so the two were fine. Also, it's supposed to hang from a white ribbon, but the felt was too flimsy to stay flat when hanged like that. This is held onto the wall using a couple of tiny Command hooks and spare hook tape. Yep.


Christmas 2012

Another thing I didn't make, but it looks like I might have. Those are the non-typical colors that are popular that I mentioned before, if you didn't know. Only more sparkly. But this one was felt and cheap (somewhere in the range of $5-$8 when I picked it up).



And I made Christmas cards this year! Embroidered ones because I'm a crazy person.

Christmas 2012

Yep. Crafts. I enjoy them.


Also, I can't post anything else crafty I've been doing because they're gifts. Once those are all set, I'll do a post.

No comments: