Thursday, January 30, 2014

Handspun

Oh. Man.

I may have mentioned that the spinning's gone a little bit out of control. To the point to elbow injury. You know. As you do.

But it's just so nice to do it on the wheel. I can't help myself. And I'm sure anyone following my Instagram has had enough spinning updates, but I'm still thrilled with the amount of yarn I've spun over the past couple of weeks.


Blue/Green Handspun





This is spun from those two little 1 oz balls of roving that were included in my Christmas stocking. I thought it was appropriate to spin these little suckers first. You can tell the yarn's a little chunkier than I normally spin, but I would get ahead of myself when I was learning how to pedal and draft at the same time.



Bard





This roving was wonderfully plush. It was a dream to spin and it fluffed right up after plying and soaking. This one will be up for sale at my Etsy shop when I next do a shop update.



Current WIP



This is my current WIP. I've plied about half of each spool so far, but my poor twinging elbow forced me to take a break from spinning for a bit. I'm interested to see how this will turn out.

No comments: