Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Monster Chunks, Chubby Chirps, and Sock Ornaments

And some more gifts! These were the gifts I gave to my friends and to my friend's kids.


Pattern: Monster Chunks
Needles: US 2 - 2.75 mm
Yarn: Jo-Ann Sensations Cuddle Muffin in White/Turquoise/Grey, Jo-Ann Sensations Cuddle Brown, Jo-Ann Sensations Cuddle Light Green



I made these for Eddie, who's about 2 and half, now. He was pretty thrilled with these little guys. I made them small enough that he could stick them in toy tractors and trucks and things. Or just chuck 'em around. Whatever. He's two.




Pattern: Chubby-Chirps
Needles: US 5 - 3.75 mm
Yarn: Jo-Ann Sensations Cuddle Muffin in White/Turquoise/Grey, Jo-Ann Sensations Cuddle Brown, Jo-Ann Sensations Cuddle Light Green



And I made this for Elliot, who is now 9-ish months old. This guy's about as big as a fat pear, which big enough for Elliot to grab and squish. He was a bit preoccupied with chewing on the box I wrapped it in because he's teething, but Brandy thought it was fun, so that's enough for me.




And these are the little gift boxes I made up for some of my friends:




1 mini-sock ornament, 1 paper ruler, and 1 card to be redeemed for a pair of custom socks. I really enjoyed making those little sock ornaments, so I'm thinking about making those throughout the year to put up on the Etsy shop next season.



BONUS:

I almost forgot about this! I wasn't quite sure what to give my mom for Christmas, but I worked on some handspun in August that turned out to be in some of my mom's favourite colours.


I call it "Night Bus" because my mom's a huge Harry Potter nerd.



No comments: