Sunday, January 26, 2014

Soldier Socks and Men's Basic Socks

It's my birthday, so I'm doing another lazy-ish post about stuff I made people for Christmas. So, yay for that.


Pattern: Soldier Socks
Needles: US 2 - 2.75 mm
Yarn: Mustache Manifesto from Gnome Acres' Steampunk Club




I got this yarn out of the joint Gnome Acres/Tangerin Designs Steampunk club and as soon as I saw it, I knew I had to make something for The Gabbers out of it. She's a mustache person. And since I was making socks, it seemed like a good time to break this out. I'm thinking about making a cowl or something to go with the socks, since I have a lot of the yarn left over.



Pattern: Men's Basic Socks
Needles: US 1.5 - 2.5 mm
Yarn: Patons Kroy Socks FX - Cadet Colors



And these are the socks that really ended up hurting me. These were made for my dad, who wears a much bigger shoe size than the rest of us. I used probably close to twice the amount of yarn on this pair of socks than I did on any one pair of socks for myself or my siblings. I also waited to cast these on because I had to sneak around and get my dad's shoe size, so I ended cramming these socks into the span of two weeks, when it should have been three. Cramming that much knitting into so short a time and then immediately hopping into spinning on a wheel without easing into it has kind of jacked up my elbow and wrist, so... that's been fun. But I was really glad that I got these done for Christmas and was able to give something handmade to my dad.


No comments: