Thursday, April 24, 2014

Graham Hat - Kudo

Graham Hat


Pattern: Graham by Jennifer Adams

Needles: US 5 - 3.75 mm, US 7 - 4.5 mm

Yarn: Plymouth Yarn Kudo


Graham Hat WIP Blocking a hat! Well, you know. After I take it out of this tub. I like this design a lot, so I'm knitting another one in some of my green handspun.

Graham Hat Graham Hat


It's been a while since I made a hat. Which, of course, I realized in the middle of this year's winter. I had always meant to make myself a hat, but never managed to get around to it, which I regretted when digging my car out of lots of snow and ice. I love winter, but I was miffed that I hadn't made myself a hat.

So I made one. And the temperature started warming up, of course, but that's the way it always goes.

I was actually surprised by this yarn. I grabbed it for color and didn't even think to check what it was made of until I was actually knitting with it. It's a wool/cotton blend, which makes it feel more like cotton than wool. That really affected the behaviour of the yarn in this pattern. The rib isn't really tight at all and it ended up larger than I expected. It actually works well as a lazy-ass, warmer day hat for me, but the yarn's not really for winter.

I did really like the pattern, though. Easy to remember and it looks great. I'm working on a second Graham hat in some handspun wool now because I like the pattern so much.


.

No comments: