Monday, May 05, 2014

The Dark Crystal: Creation Myths Vol. 1 by Brian Froud (and others)

The full blog title should be The Dark Crytal: Creation Myths Vol. 1 by Brian Froud, Brian Holguin, Alex Sheikman, and Lizzy John. But that was a lot of people to list in the title, so here it is.



My parents bought me this one for my birthday. They've been slowly building my Brian Froud collection over the years because I've enjoyed every book he's been involved with. It's pretty complete by now, which really surprised me because I hadn't heard of the Dark Crystal Creation Myths.



This one's a graphic novel. I saw graphic novel mostly because this thing is a hardcover book, but it's not a lengthy volume. It's about as thick as a Sandman volume, but the panels are much larger for the scope of the world of the Dark Crystal. There's a lot of full-page/most-page panels with some really beautiful illustrations. The stories are mainly focused on Ogra and the people around her, which is a delight. If you like The Dark Crystal and want to learn more about the time before the crystal shattered, you should definitely have a look at this book.

No comments: