Friday, June 27, 2014

Zipper Pouches

Zipper Pouches

Remember when I started playing with my sewing machine again? Well, soon after I pulled that out I started playing with these little zipper pouches to add to my Etsy shop. These particular ones aren't when I will be actually adding to the shop. These were my experiments.

There was definitely a learning curve on these suckers. These are only the second project I've ever made with an interior lining. I started playing with possible product tags and sewing them into my stuff. These are the first things I've ever made with a machine-sewn zipper. Also, working on these are the first time that I a) recognized and b) used the zipper foot that came with my machine.

(I then spent an evening separating and labeling all the feet for my machine because I had been looking for zipper feet at the craft stores for a while when these projects were percolating in my brain and I already had a zipper foot.)

I really liked how simple this project turned out to be and also how goddamn useful. Honestly? I didn't know that I needed some small zippered bags until I made some small zippered bags. Two of them ended up as notions bags for my knitting project bags (notions = small scissors, scrap yarn, stitch markers, yarn needles, etc.) and one of the small ones ended up in my work bag to stuff my spare ear buds into so that they don't get tangled up in everything. My mom and sister ended up with a couple of them. My sister uses hers for dog treats and my mom uses hers in her knitting bag. She actually requested another bag because she is also finding them very useful.

But, like I said, the ones pictured in this post are my experiments that are for personal use, but if you've been following my Instagram, you know I've made a bunch more that will be going up on the store soon! I'm hoping they do well. It's nice to have another project that doesn't take an eternity to make.

And here's some more photos of making them and close ups. :D

Zipper Pouches Zipper Pouches

Zipper Pouches Zipper Pouches

Zipper Pouches Zipper Pouches

Zipper Pouches Zipper Pouches

Zipper Pouches Zipper Pouches

Zipper Pouches Zipper Pouches

No comments: