Thursday, July 31, 2014

A couple of new sewing projects

Showing off a couple of new sewing projects today.

I mysteriously hurt my back a couple of weeks ago (stretched weird? twisted in my sleep? who knows?) and not being able to really sit for a long time without pain meant that I couldn't really play with any of my new sewing things. I'm really liking the speed at which I can complete some of these small projects.

So after my run of anti-inflammatories and muscle relaxants to take care of the inflamed nerve and muscle spasms, I kind of went a little nuts. I had made one or two little mini-duffles from some fat quarters.

And I got it into my brain that I really needed to make some more.

Mini Duffles Mini Duffles

Mini Duffles Mini Duffles

Mini Duffles Mini Duffles

Mini Duffles Mini Duffles


They're just so small and useful! I can't stand it.


And since I've hurt my back, I've been using my electric heating pad thing a lot more. Unfortunately, it had one of those brown polyester cover that's kind of terrible and itchy. So I made a new one:

Heating Pad Cover Heating Pad Cover


I made some calculation errors regarding the seam allowances, but some creative hand stitching fixed that and I'm really pleased with it. And it looks a hell of a lot better in teal and marigold than ugly polyester brown. :D



.

1 comment:

Fayme Zelena Harper said...

What a great idea to make an attractive cover for a heating pad! I have a library book with a fat quarter purse in it that I want to make. And for some reason the term 'fat quarter' seems really funny to me right now...like a quarter that ate too much and needs to diet.