Monday, August 18, 2014

Under the Sea Handspun

Under the Sea Handspun

I finished some handspun a while back. This was spun from some alpaca wool I bought from Green Paca at the Coventry Farmer's Market last fall. I bought 4 oz of the white wool and 1 oz packs of purple, green, and blue-green.

This was the first time I tried blending the different colored wools with my wool combs. The green and the blue-green blended wonderfully and really worked as a gradient transition between the two colors on that ply, but the purple and the blue-green didn't quite work out the way I planned. The resulting color was a little too dark to really work as a transition, but the color still looks good plied in there. I'm pleased with it overall.

This will be in the Etsy shop in the next major update!


Under the Sea Handspun



.

No comments: